Graphic Design Company in chennai
Top Mistakes Graphic Designing Make
Below is a list of very common mistakes that so called ‘graphic designing’ make.
How many of these do you do regularly?
- Take constructive criticism too personally
- Not knowing any famous designers in particular Paula Scher, Milton Glaser, Paul Rand and not knowing WHY they were famous
- Not Staying Up on Current Events and Design News
- Charging too Little for Design Projects
- Not Using Contracts to Cover Your Butt
- Doing Spec Based Work (If you like it you can pay)
- Not Asking for a Down Payment before Starting a Project
- Using Poorly Designed Fonts from Free Font Sites
- Using Display Fonts as Text Fonts
- Not Getting Enough Sleep!
- Using the Comic Sans Font
- Not Owning the Graphic Artists Guild Handbook
- Using too Many Different Fonts in One Design
- Not Setting Deadlines for Projects
- Forgetting White Space is your Friend
- Not Sketching Before Designing
- Not Using Rulers on Screen
- Relying Totally on the Computer, Especially for Kerning
- Using Photoshop Filters After Your First 6 Months
- Using Low Resolution Web Images for Print
- Not Designing Logos in Vector Format
- Making Logos Unable to Reproduce Well Small
- Forgetting to Learn Keyboard Shortcuts
- Not Backing up Files on an External Hard Drive
- Stealing or ‘borrowing’ Other Peoples Work
- Not Saving Frequently
- Using the dash quotation marks instead of true quotation marks.
If you are doing the following (below) I wouldn’t call yourself a ‘graphic designing’, well at least not a professional one and would recommend doing some more research into the subject area.
But remember rules can be broken.
Articles Source : JustCreative